Friday 20 November 2015

Kanye Clothes and The Yeezy Collection Prices

After the Yeezy 2 collection dropped, I had to stop and ask myself “is ‘Ye really trying to help fashion, or is he dragging it down?”

 

 

I had no idea someone could attach such ridiculous prices to the clothes coming out of that collection. I think it was largely due to the fact that Kanye has so much hype surrounding him and what’s he doing in fashion right now that he is able to get away with it so easily, But really there was no justification for the price tags for what were really just distressed sweaters and oversized hoodies & t-shirts.

 

 

Don’t get me wrong, there’s not a man, woman or child alive who loves Kanye more than I do, and I did enjoy the collection. I’m just saying the prices were far beyond anything that we were expecting after Kanye himself spent almost 3 years ranting about how he was going to change the fashion world by bringing quality at “Zara prices”.

 

 

I’m not saying that that day will never come of course, however i am saying that it’s unrealistic to look at both collections from the Yeezy x Adidas collar so far and see the price points as justified. Nothing is justified or respectable about them and we shouldn’t pretend that it’s ok just because of our love of Kanye’s work.

 

 

With regards to alternatives, the blog linked to in this post from STARTED Clothing really highlights the in’s & out’s of what Kanye wears and how we can utilise our own style in a Kanye’esque manner. The author digs deep into how to dress like Kanye West and gives us an insight to Ye’s thoughts & guiding principles for his outfits.

 

 

Now, I for one cannot deny that I’ve always wanted some Kanye clothes, but there’s no need to reach into our own pockets and pull out 10 credit cards just to get a piece of the glory. It’s ridiculous that Kanye expects us to pay those prices, but we need to move on, and I think the STARTED article is an awesome starting point.

http://startedclothing.com/dress-like-kanye/

No comments:

Post a Comment